Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pack Twenty Seven

Pack 27 +14
(upgraded cards are indicated by bold blue text)
417 Bob Dernier
401 Bob James
416 Mickey Hatcher
159 Juan Castillo
549 Ted Simmons
553 Don Aase
455 Nolan Ryan
369 Phil Bradley
39 Jim Lindeman
53 Tom Brookens
497 Mark McLemore
480 Mike Stanley
78 Will Clark
286 Mark McGwire
577 Greg Booker

No music tonight, it's too hot. And it's also going to be a short one, again, it's too hot to sit at the computer.

I just realized that I haven't seen any of the All Star inserts for a while. My one in three pack assumption didn't pan out. Oh well.

Here's three 1980s superstars.


This looks a lot like a cardboard cutout of Nolan Ryan advertising Nike Air shoes.

He really looks like constipated. There's some great photography in this set, but they made some bizarre choices for some of these cards... surfboard, gloves on both hands, shoes under the arm.


And this card I really like. It's not very exciting, but it's something you don't see too often on a baseball card. He's not posed (or at least no obviously), he's not in action, but he's intently working on a piece of baseball equipment.

I also really like those old Giants uniforms, very simple and classic.


Another card I really like. And at my count, it's the fourth card with McGwire that I've pulled. That should be all of them, well, at least all of them that directly depict McGwire - I'm sure he shows up in the background of some others.

Maybe if it's not blisteringly hot tomorrow, I'll have more to say.

1 comments:

Andy said...

McGwire's in the classic "my bat is my penis" pose.