Friday, June 19, 2009

Pack Thirty-Four

Pack 34 +14
215 Bobby Meacham
322 Barry Bonds
13 Kent Hrbek
AS11 Jack Clark
658 Checklist
126 Ernie Whitt
262 Ross Jones
45 Tony Pena
351 Dwight Evans
189 Bob McClure
616 Sammy Stewart
436 Manny Trillo
394 Ivan Calderon
515 Jeff Hamilton
622 Slugging Sophomores (Wally Joyner/Cory Snyder)

Where should we start...


Sammy's from my neck of the woods and now he's in prison.

The look on his face says "Hey baby, Sammy's gonna rock your world..."


Hey look! Barry Bonds doesn't look like an asshole.

I know it's the Pirates' logo, but Bonds' wristbands look kinda like the Triforce from Zelda.


Well after seeing three of these in the first nine packs, this is first one I've seen since. Now I'm not sure if I'll bother trying to complete this insert set. I'll throw them in my want list when the box is finished, but I don't think it'll be a priority.

This particular card looks really strange because of the way the bat is cut off.

They really could have done so much better with the All Star inserts. But you can't always get what you want.


Both Snyder of Joyner put up some great numbers in their rookie season and followed suit and did well in their second seasons.

Looking at him standing next to Cory Snyder, Wally really looks like a Wally. He looks like he's about 12 years old.

Two more. So far so good.

2 comments:

Matt Runyon said...

I didn't know why Sammy Stewart was sent to prison, so I Googled him. Man, he really screwed up. Here is a link to an article about Sammy: http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/10/25/rock_bottom/

Ben said...

He has said that all of his problems started after his baseball career was over. But I've always found that kinda hard to believe. You never know though.

I feel bad for the guy, but yeeh, he's pretty screwed up.